Featuring the DisplayLink DL-165 USB 2.0 graphics chipset, the Plugable UGA-165 enables multiple monitors with any laptop or desktop (one adapter required per monitor, up to six on Windows PCs). Get the full benefits of USB, including plug and play connectivity, thin and flexible cabling, and ability to connect via USB 2.0 hubs and repeaters. Multitask with a dedicated monitor for each document or application.
- USB graphics adapters work by rendering 2D/3D with your computer's CPU and GPU, and then compressing and transmitting the pixels that change over USB. Dual core or 2Ghz or better CPU recommended. Recommended for web and applications, not 3D gaming or motion video playback.
- The package includes the main USB 2.0 to DVI-I adapter, a USB 2.0 cable and hardware adapters for the different connector types (DVI-I to VGA/D-Sub and DVI-I to HDMI). HDMI connections are graphics only--this adapter has no audio function. Supports monitors and PC-compatible TVs up to 1920x1080 or 1600x1200. Powered via USB; the adapter has an LED indicator light.
SUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEMS:
- Windows 8.1/8/7 64 and 32 bit, XP SP2+ 32 bit only - We recommend downloading DisplayLink's newest driver. Mac 10.9 "Mavericks" is not supported due to significant limitations in the operating system. Requires Intel / AMD / nVidia main GPU and driver with Windows Aero enabled. USB graphics requires dual core or 2 Ghz or better CPU for best performance. Not compatible with ARM-based Windows (MS Surface RT). Windows RT, Vista Home Basic, Win7 Starter Edition disable multiple monitors and are not supported. No supported drivers are available for Linux at this time.
- Connect three or more monitors to your laptop or desktop PC (one adapter required per monitor, up to 6 on Windows PCs)
- Plug and play, extensible USB 2.0 connectivity to any VGA, DVI, or HDMI monitor or projector
- DisplayLink DL-165 chipset, supports resolutions up to 1600x1200 or 1920x1080 (widescreen)
- Windows 8.1/8/7 32/64 and XP 32-bit drivers via Windows Update, download, or disk
- Mac 10.9 "Mavericks" is not supported due to significant limitations in the operating system. Not currently supported on Linux